Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Live to Love Life My Way!!!!

Every thing has to stop or come to an end some day, but why I am talking about end. I am just half way my journey. By end I mean an end of the first academic year of my MBA life. A year full of hard work, fun, learning’s, mistakes, enthusiasm, and lot more such adjectives (I am sorry I know only these many adjectives, in short only this much English).

I started this journey with lots of hope and desires, wanted to do everything possible under the sun, as far as possible in this first year, but being a human, a typical human I was just able to do only quite a few things which I planned. But also did quite a few things which I never planned. I took life as it came in this one year, it does not mean I was careless or easy going, I had targets set for myself, but nothing happens as someone plans it’s always the opposite of what u desire happens. I would not say everything went against my desires. It was just that I was not hard enough to myself to do a lot of things I actually wanted to do. Spent a lot of time gazing, talking crap, nonsense, networking, and all such related stuff and I am not sure whether all that is good or bad, all that was required or not. I just kept doing what ever my heart asked me to do; I stopped listening to my mind. But its ok, in the journey called life, you never end up doing things u planned.



But why I am talking about all this, what do I feel, do I feel happy for the past 9 months, or do I feel sad and dejected. I am not sad for sure and I am neither too happy, but I would say I am just satisfied to an extent that, yes the past 9 months have added some value to me, to my life. Even now I have a lots of plans in my mind for the short term and I am very sure I would be able to achieve only 20% of what ever I have planned, but I feel it’s necessary for me to plan this 100% to at least reach to the 20% level. I would try and work to the best of my abilities, but I know at times I would get diverted, then I need some one to ask me “Boss, hello, where r u, what r u doing”, and then I will be back on track.
I thought I would share my overall experience of the past 9 months this time, but as I am typing it I am not able to think about my experience, but I am only able to think about what went wrong and what went right and so on.
The first year of MBA @ IFMR was a really good year, with lots of learning’s. I think I shall enlist here the things which instantaneously come to my mind as soon as I think of 1st year @ IFMR and I am sure these things will remain in my mind any day in my life as soon as I think of it. So let me begin with it, be it good or bad.



-The first and the Happiest thing to be able recollect is Abhyudaya 2008, the dream event of my life, I would say again that it was my ultimate focus for 3-4 months and it was one major part of 1st year @ IFMR.
-Appeared on T.V twice and was live on Radio once, on TV for program related to budget and on radio to promote Abhyudaya.
-My first presentation at IFMR, on Dun and Bradstreet was appreciated by everyone present there and was one of the motivating factors for me to give away my shyness and stage fear, and the results are evident. Be it any presentation in class, any group or subject it be, the introduction i.e. the start of all the presentations used to be by me. Ironically this was because I never knew what the rest of the presentation was all about. LoL. But believe me I gained confidence and I still have it, just after my first presentation in life with a PPT.
-Winning a couple of prizes at LIBA in their b-school fest is another moment I recollect as it happened very recently, I registered for a lot of events at different b-schools, but took part only in a couple of them, due to a lot of factors including my team mates(3 cheers to u my CEO’s ). This one at LIBA was really special indeed.
-Organizing the Farewell for seniors is another event in which I was completely involved, and I enjoyed being a part of it, irrespective of the time I had to spend on it, while avoiding other important things.
-Mr. Ram Kumar’s (Head HR, ICICI Bank) lecture was another thing which I can never forget in my life, I don’t know why but I felt something about this lecture was too cool. We keep listening to a lot of people and often when ever someone speaks, he/she speaks about good things and that to in a very good way and appreciating way. But this person was some one who spoke badly about things, who criticized people, systems and raised his voice against a lot of things fearlessly amidst a good mix of people. I truly loved his perspective. I actually like to listen to and know different perspectives of people on certain issues.
-One more thing worth a mention here is the nature and the support of our senior Anand; truly he was one person who was a great inspiration to me and a few more at the campus. I truly started doing things seriously after seeing him. I used to contradict his views a lot of times, but I admire and respect his deeds and work which I saw in the past 9 months. He is a true champion for me.
-Learnt quite a few lessons after the 1st and 2nd term and tried to change my self appropriately, not fully but to some extent.

I believe the list for happy things has gone a long long way, lets see what are the things which I am not happy with, or concerned about and I need to try and analyze for myself.

-I lost focus on academics in the process of working on a lot of other things including Abhyudaya.
-Did not spend time on things which were crucial enough for me, to be done in the first year (I know what they r, so don’t feel like listing them here).
-Spent a lot of time in communicating with people, sometimes for important things and otherwise for some nonsense which proved to be a waste of time very often.
-Did not spend much time with family, which was possible, but I did not make too much effort on this front.
-My basics on many subjects learnt in the first year are not strong and which makes me worry now and then, and gives me a guilty feeling.
-The perception I have created for myself in the minds of my batch mates. I am not very much satisfied for the impression I created in their minds. Though I have not done anything wrong, but I have not made a mark, a really good mark in all aspects in people’s mind. (this is what I feel, I am not sure if I am right or wrong)
-There are various other things which upset me, things like not participating in a lot of events which I could have.
-One most important aspect of this review for myself is the concern for me not putting my efforts in the right direction, which could mean, me spending much time on some things less important and spending less time on some things which were more important.

I think the list can go on and on, but I need to stop some where and start working on these areas of concern. So that next time when I write a self review I would have a smaller list than this one. So till then keep watching…. JJ

You must be wondering why I titled this Blog as “Live to Love Life My Way”. You must see my review of the First Term @ IFMR I have titled it “Love to Live life My Way”. Then my review of second term was titled “What am I doing”. So after trying to live life my way, and after trying to figure out what I was doing, I thought experience and time has taught me a lot of things, which now makes me to live my life and love it as it comes and as I make it. I know what I have said doesn’t make much sense but trust me nothing in this world makes sense, normally.

So let me stop here and start working on both my strengths and weaknesses and yes most importantly I need to get set for the Summer Internship @ SIVA VENTURES, which is just a few days away from now. So till then have fun and yea stay tuned!!!!!!!!

No comments: