Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chennai Cops Chase – O - Mania


It was a usual Monday evening, luckily one of the days while I left home early from office at around half past 6. As was I driving towards home I had to take a U-turn at a junction and while it was green for me, a Scorpio from the opposite direction zoomed across the road even while his signal was red. While to this common scene on Chennai roads, this time apart from me there were few other spectators including 3 cops talking to each other in a jolly mood on an eve with some traffic on one of the busiest roads of Chennai.

I went past along the road and the Scorpio was just ahead of me all along for about a kilometer or so. And now I hear some one buzzing the horn continuously on a bike behind me, my first thoughts were that it would be some biker who drives fast irrespective of the traffic. But to my surprise it was not a college student or any other biker, it were 2 of the cops who were standing on the signal where I took a U-turn and as you guessed it rightly they were chasing the Scorpio to punish him for his offense. I was smiling and was visualizing as if I was watching a Hollywood flick, where I would have last seen such a scene, but I finally realized that it was Chennai and yes the Cops did catch the offender and then I was ahead on my way back home, not knowing what did the cop do with the offender, did they fine him or did they just take a bribe and let him off will always be an unanswered question.

But truly being a spectator to this whole episode reinforced the changing face of Chennai police since few years and seems to me that Chennai Cops are one of the best in the whole country as Chennai has seen the latest technologies in Traffic management before any other city I believe.

2 comments:

Pramod Y.S. said...

But the news reports say the other way. It took almost an hour for a cop to get the ambulance due to which the person died on the spot.
Further to add, one of my friend recently skid n fell on the road and despite the fact that it wasn't peak hour and the traffic was less, the traffic police ignored her completely. It took her almost 5 mins for her to stand up and move. More so, even the crowd was a mere spectator. I hope these incidents do not repeat in Chennai. It took place near Ethiraj College

Yogesh said...

yea all thats right , but what is evident is that chennai police has become better than b4 and definitely is almost first to bring new techniques for traffic management etc... and about such incidents of negligence those will always be there even if chennai police becomes best in world... so for every good thing, dont expect it to be like six sigma... lol :D